Monday, November 10, 2008

NAEYC Conference


Well, I spent the week last week at the conference hosted by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (Hosted by Target).
I left there with some new tools for evaluation, some new information on working with children with selective mutism, and new software and books! I still wish that the DEC and NAEYC would co-sponsor a conference. Advance sessions in working with children with special needs is really needed at NAEYC and hands on sessions for practitioners are really needed at NAEYC. It would be a wonderful union, I think.

2 comments:

Beth Peloquin said...

I agree about having NAEYC and DEC try to do a conference together. I know there are logistical issues, since DEC is just a division of CEC it is hard to partner with other groups. It was nice to see the collaboration this year between our two local subdivisions, VAEYC and VTDEC. The VAEYC conference had many worthwhile sessions for teachers including children with special needs.

NickDeanna said...

Great website. I had no idea. I'm so far out of the loop now...The governor was at Barlow!!!!

Deanna